PUMA 319 HVAC Unit Combination Heat / AC Unit for Defender 90/110/130
If you have one of the older style underslung air conditioning kits on your Defender and you want to upgrade to a fully integrated ventilation system then our 319 HVAC unit is all you need.
Our unique unit provides you with a superior heater, combined with high output air conditioning in one. Compact, yet powerful, the unit is mounted unobtrusively in the engine bay so as not to impede interior legroom, whilst giving much lower noise levels. The powerful 3-speed fan gives superior air flow to the occupants, whilst having AC and Heat together allows you to dehumidify moist air in the winter, thus reducing screen fogging. Supplied with all dashboard controls and fitting instructions.
It’s not just about adding AC. It’s about creating a modern ventilation system for your Defender.
– 13000btu AC/Heater Unit
– #6 and #10 Threaded Pipe Connections
– R-134a Refrigerant Based
– 3 Speed 319cfm Centrifugal Blower (Controls Included)
– Water Control Heater Valve (Controls and Cable Included)
– Adjustable Thermostat for Winter/Summer Settings
– Comes with Electrical Wiring and Connectors
– Professional/Experienced Installation
– Unique Design. Built in the UK
– This is not a complete kit, you will require a Condenser radiator, Compressor, Receiver/Dryer Bottle, Binary or Trinary Switch, Hoses etc.
Air Conditioning Parts
If you don’t need the complete Air Conditioning system for your Defender, we can supply individual parts to help you with your install. If you are converting an old style underslung AC system then you will already have most of the components fitted. We can help you select the right additional parts so that your new integrated AC system runs efficiently. If you are not sure which parts you need, just drop us a line.
Upgrading the Defender Heater Our Unique System adds AC and Boosts the Heater
Buying our 319 dual core system means that you will be able to run AC and heat together to dehumidify, making our unit unique to the Defender scene. It’s a real game changer. Plus the big extra bonus is that by adding our integrated AC system to your Defender you are also upgrading your heater in with the deal!
At Puma we have designed a fully integrated system, where the AC and heater cores sit inside the same unit. Combining the two together means that you can dehumidify moist air in the winter months. This leads to less screen misting and a more comfortable interior environment for the occupants. Also, by lowering the humidity levels in the ducting, thus reducing the bacteria that encourage mould and fungus to develop.
What’s more, our heater provides correct air recirculation. Land Rover Defenders usually draw air into the heater box from a vent mounted on the front wing. Therefore, it is always trying to heat external air. The outside temperature is variable but the heater strength is constant. The power output of a standard Defender heater therefore drops as the weather gets colder, which is counter-productive. By recirculating, and thus reheating the same air, you can gain compounded increases to make the interior much warmer than the outside, which is the whole point of having a heater.
So now you can have better heating, compounded recirculation, a more powerful three speed blower and a fully integrated AC system that doesn’t impact on legroom!! All that for a lower price than just adding a traditional underslung AC system.
Although designed for our Puma Dashboard™ upgrade, our 319 AC/Heater system can be retro fitted to any Defender up to 2006.
– Combination AC/Heater core giving year round climate control
– Quieter operation and no loss of legroom as all parts are in the engine bay
– Unique design allows the driver to dehumidify the cabin air
– Recirculating air provides compounded heat, even on the coldest days
– Smooth ‘Factory Fit’ integration with your existing Dashboard
– Wide choice of vehicle-specific mounting kits
– Fast and easy installation